The first outing of 2016 saw us at Toft Newton.
Eight of us were responsible for landing 28 trout for the day.
G Jones – 9 – With more from the bank
M Wood – 8 – Biggest fish
B Jones – 3
B Greengrass – 3
Peter Aldred – 3
D Hild – 2
Chris Carter & J O’Brien – 0
Very cold wind blowing most of the day made lunch time welcome. In the afternoon the wind dropped but the temp remained very low and a cold group enjoyed a bit of friendly banter after a good day out.
Melvyn Wood has yet again done a wonderful job of arranging fishing for the club in 2016.
- 19th March – Toft Newton Reservoir
- 16th April – Eyebrook Reservoir
- 14th May – Stocks Reservoir. The Roy Jones Trophy Competition.
- 11th June – Malham Tarn. 8 places only, First come first served.
- 9th July – Carsington Water
- 6th August – Draycote Water
- 10th September – Thornton Reservoir
- 8th October – Rutland Water
These are all on a Saturday. If our members would like to fish any or all of these please get in touch with Melvyn or Dudley.
I have added these dates to the Events section of this website. If you have a Calendar application such as Outlook or use a smartphone you can click on the event for full details then click the +GOOGLE CALENDAR or +iCAL EXPORT buttons to add them straight into your diary. You can also scroll to the bottom of the list of events and click +EXPORT LISTED EVENTS to add all the entries to your calendar in one go so you won’t miss anything.